nnimap 0.3.11 comments

I just did some serious playing with nnimap 0.3.11 with gnus 5.6.11.  I
followed the install/config directions and made the following relevant entries
in my .gnus:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "truman"
                (nnimap-server-address "truman")
                (nnimap-list-pattern "INBOX"))))

(setq nnimap-split-rule
      '(
        ; personal
        ("INBOX.heller"        "^From:.*BerriH")
        ("INBOX.acolman"       "^From:.*ACOLMAN")
        etc, etc, etc.
        ))

Here are my comments/observations:

1) I could only subscribe to my INBOX via the server buffer.  A 'U' in the
   groups buffer did NOT provide acceess to a list of mailboxes.

2) Split did something but not what I expected.  I subscribed to INBOX and a an
   INBOX entry appeared in my groups buffer.  I did a fetch ('g') and it
   fetched the mail into INBOX.  It did NOT split the mail into new groups in
   the groups buffer and did not create new mailboxes in the IMAP Server.  It
   DID create new directories in my Mail subdirectory.  I suppose I could have
   brought those into my groups buffer manually?  How does/did/should it work?

3) The count of mail in my INBOX is correct.  The length of individual messages
   is incorrect.

4) Mail that I read via nnimap WAS marked correctly as read on the Server.

5) How does one delete mail from the server?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com