More esoteric bug: multiple servers on same host, password mismatches

Now my problem is getting more esoteric. I'm avoiding my typical semantic mistakes like I made in the last one.

Here's the snippet from my latest .emacs:

(require  'nnimap)
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
	(nnfolder "")
	(nntp "news.informix.com")
        (nnimap "informix"
                (nnimap-server-address "mail.pdx.informix.com")
		(nnimap-server-port 143)
                (nnimap-server-username "jrp")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "~/Mail/*"))
		)
        (nnimap "puremagic"
                (nnimap-server-address "localhost")
		(nnimap-server-port 4143)
                (nnimap-server-username "jrp")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "~/Mail/*"))
		)
        (nnimap "pun"
                (nnimap-server-address "imail.pun.org")
		(nnimap-server-port 2143)
                (nnimap-server-username "jrp$pun.org")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
		)
        (nnimap "poulson"
                (nnimap-server-address "imail.poulson.com")
		(nnimap-server-port 3143)
                (nnimap-server-username "jrp$poulson.com")
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
		)
	)
      )

Note that several servers are listed on "localhost" because I use port forwarding to get to those hosts. As far as my email clients are concerned, the server is local. The problem is this: it gets confused as to what password is associated with each localhost port. I have different passwords for all of these accounts, and I'm really pretty sure I don't want to list those passwords here in the .emacs (for obvious reasons).

nnimap is sending the first password given to all three hosts, thus the second two show up as "denied" on the server list. I fiddled through the code to figure out an easy fix, but I decided it would be a harder fix.

Am I getting annoying yet?

Thanks for the cool extension, though. I've got it working on two outa four hosts... although I'm getting timeout problems. Is there a way to set really long timeouts? (I use a 5 minute timeout with Outlook, for example, 1 minute wasn't enough.)