Re: stable vs. development versions

Ed L. Cashin <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> writes:

> > The patch made nnimap-0.104 work. nnimap-0.106 doesn't, though - I
> > can start and see all the folders, but when I try to enter any of
> > them, I get this:
>
> Many projects have both a stable version and a development version.
> Perhaps nnimap would benefit from such a system.
>
> It seems that lately every time a new version comes out it contains
> both bug fixes and new bugs.  That does not reflect poorly on anyone,
> it is merely a consequence of active development.  However, it means
> that there is never a stable version.

Yup. I've now created two branches in the cvs, r1-0-0 and r1-1-0.

Both based on r0-107. r1-0 will only see bugfixes, r1-1 will contain
betas of the few functions left to rewrite.

Hopefully nnimap is completely rewritten within a month or so, and
merged with PGnus. Then we can start adding features, making it
faster, integrate my Agent patches, start fiddling with partial MIME
fetches and stuff...