stable vs. development versions

Osma Ahvenlampi <oa-lists@spray.fi> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:
> > > Signaling: (error "No such function: nnimap-request-list-newsgroups")
> > Thanks, try this patch against pgnus (0.83).
>
> The patch made nnimap-0.104 work. nnimap-0.106 doesn't, though - I
> can start and see all the folders, but when I try to enter any of
> them, I get this:

Many projects have both a stable version and a development version.
Perhaps nnimap would benefit from such a system.

It seems that lately every time a new version comes out it contains
both bug fixes and new bugs.  That does not reflect poorly on anyone,
it is merely a consequence of active development.  However, it means
that there is never a stable version.

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu