Re: Can't connect unless nnimap-debug is visible

Mats Lidell <Mats.Lidell@contactor.se> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Well this is how it seems anyway. I have been using nnimap for a long
> time with out no problems. A few months ago I got this problem that
> the connection to the nnimap server times out.

TCP-wise, or IMAP-wise by autologouts?

> Trying to debug this I found out that if I have nnimap-debug set and
> also have this buffer visible in a window I'll get the connection.

This might indicate a race-condition.  I'm seeing something similar on
AIX and Emacs 20.7, if I debug-on-entry imap-kerberos4-open and press
'c' when the debugger starts, everything works.  If I simply let
imap-kerberos4-open start immediately Emacs hangs completely.

> At approximately the same time I started to get an occasional hanging
> of emacs while reading info from the imap-server while the minibuffer
> displays the word "Garbage:".

Hm.  This might give further details; see `imap-log'.  Perhaps
something's interrupting the connection and prints something (this
happens when s_client of OpenSSL tries to renegoiate a SSL/TLS
connection, for instance).  How do you connect to your server?  Plain
network?

/s