Re: Problems with GSSAPI authentication

Jonas Oberg <jonas@gnu.org> writes:

> What I did here was to make it look for "S: A01 OK" and do an
> (setq imap-state 'auth) directly in imap-gssapi-open without calling
> imap-parse-greeting.

The imap.el GSSAPI code should remove "S: " by itself, so
`imap-parse-greeting' should be able to correctly parse the greeting.

Perhaps it did work, but the difference in imtest outputs further down
failed.

> || * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 NAMESPACE IDLE SCAN SORT MAILBOX-REFERRALS LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=LOGIN THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
> || 3 OK CAPABILITY completed
> | Waiting for response from fencepost.gnu.org...done
>
> Alright, we're looking at what the server is capable of doing. Should it
> do this? I don't know; imap.el scares me. ;-)

It does this to find out how to authenticate to the server.  If
connecting by GSSAPI, GSSAPI is a quite likely candidate but imap.el
want to figure out that the hard way. :-)

Note that you may run into the OS line buffer problem later on when
quiting groups -- Gnus may seem to hang and/or print internal imap
errors (since commands were truncated and the server report this).