Re: problems with new articles in exchange IMAP folders

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> > I suspect there is something wrong with the novcache file, but this
> > might not be the case.  A quick test is to
>
> > mv ~/News/overview ~/News/overview.old
>
> > and try to enter the group.
>
> I did this, and then I was able to enter the group.

Ok, interesting.  This means the NOV cache was corrupted.  Strange.
Now we need to find out why this happens, the file might give leads..

Do you have any auto-fill, TAB->SPC converters, or anything similar
that might affect this?  I've seen similar reports a couple of times
so my guess is that it is some fairly standard package that interfer
with nnimap/Gnus.

> > You might want to evaluate `gnus-newsgroups-header' too, if you look
> > at the end of it I suspect you'll see several bogus entries, some
> > having strings (in your case "FW:") in the article number position.
>
> Hm... evaluate it how?  It isn't a variable or a function as far as
> C-h v or C-h f is concerned, and (gnus-newsgroups-header) with a C-j
> in the *Scratch* buffer didn't work.

Sorry, I meant the variable `gnus-newsgroups-headers' (trailing `s'),
it should be evaluated in the summary buffer of the group you're
entering.  It should contain the parsed version of the NOV cache file
(if you enter with C-u RET).