Re: requirements

> What I'd really like to see is have the whole thing easier to use.
> I definitely think 'J Y' should be a default when going plugged.

So would I.  I didn't even know about J Y until reading this
discussion, and I've been using nnimap+agent since X-mas. :-)

[snip!]
> IE, I'd love to have gnus automatically download and cache all
> articles in the agentized groups and only download new
> headers/articles when it didn't have cached copies.  This way, lots
> of network traffic would be saved.  It wouldn't even have to open a
> connection to the imap server if no new articles were known to
> exist.  If it tried to open a connection and failed, the articles
> wouldn't be available then.  Sort of an automated agent system is
> what I'm looking for.

I would like to see all of the above.

In addition I would like to see partial download/caching of messages
with attachements.  I would like the attachments to stay at the
server, until they are specifically asked for.