Re: requirements

>>>>> On 30 Jun 2000 11:55:23 +0200, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> said:

Simon> Some requirements I think I need.  Please suggest stuff.

I'm glad to see work on this is beginning again...  I used offline
nnimap a lot last week when I was at a conference, and certainly the
selection of which articles to download was the the most annoying
problem (since most of my articles were old).

What I'd really like to see is have the whole thing easier to use.  I
definitely think 'J Y' should be a default when going plugged.

Actually, what I really want is transparent online/offline support.
This would really require a new "state" rather than trying to map onto
an old.  This is really a gnus issue more than a nnimap issue.

IE, I'd love to have gnus automatically download and cache all
articles in the agentized groups and only download new
headers/articles when it didn't have cached copies.  This way, lots of
network traffic would be saved.  It wouldn't even have to open a
connection to the imap server if no new articles were known to exist.
If it tried to open a connection and failed, the articles wouldn't be
available then.  Sort of an automated agent system is what I'm
looking for.

Now, I guess I should roll over and stop snoring, as I'm obviously
dreaming.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."