Re: nnimap list back up

chl@tbit.dk (Christian Lynbech on satellite) writes:

> Simon> The main reason is to work on disconnected imap support in Gnus
>
> This would be via the Gnus Agent framework, right?

Yes.

> I am using it (the agent, with imap) quite a bit, not only to be
> prepared to go travelling with a laptop, but also because our
> connection to the main office (where the imap server is) is dead
> slow.

Ok, good to hear.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'll be wanting a little bit more than
the current Agent, I'd like to have the entire mailbox with me and be
able to synchronize it against the server when I go online -- right
now, the Agent selects what to download in a (to me anyway)
non-obvious way and I can't synchronize it to a server once articles
have been downloaded.

> How is nnimap distributed these days? Through the gnus CVS, and will
> it change for this project?

Gnus CVS for now.  I'm not going to alter existing functionality so I
hope this wont be a problem.