reoccuring: Group XY is not uidvalid

Hi All,

I am beginning to use nnimap (and IMAP altogether).  I first start with
one mailing list in nnimap.  Therefore I created an imap group and wanted
to copy all the old articles of the previous nnml group to the new
imap-group.

1. After copying some (random number) messages gnus complains that the
   group is not uidvalid (continue yes/no).
2. Then I return to the group buffer do a "G p" and remove the uidvalid
   entry (as I learned from this mailing list).  Then I return to (1.)
   and eventually the same problem reoccurs.

Can somebody suggest a permanent fix to this problem?  What is
uidvalid-ness?  How do groups become uid-in-valid ?

CU,
Arnd.

--
Arnd Kohrs   -   kohrs@acm.org  -  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs

The Active WebMuseum, a personalized art museum
 Visit now ->  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs/museum.html