Re: nnimap speed (was Re: using the Gnus Agent together with nnimap)

John> Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:
>> With the new overview cache, entering nnimap groups is almost as fast
>> as entering nnml groups.  Well, entering a group for the second time
>> is fast, anyway.

John> This is not true for me.  Maybe I don't have some variable set
John> correctly?

Of course, on a side note, one of the problems I just found I had was
that my total-expire regexp has been broken since, oh, march.  After
fixing it, it cleaned my imap directory from 70+megs down to about 40
megs, which has definitely helped.  I think I'm going to switch to a
faster server next and see if that helps.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."