Re: Expiry problems...

 Kai> Jens Krinke <j.krinke@gmx.de> writes:
 >> 2. After a while the daemon is expiring the articles and they get
 >> marked as deleted (on the server).  However, the daemon is not
 >> expunging the articles and they are still on the server marked as
 >> deleted.  Gnus and imap are not obeying the deleted mark and only
 >> showing the read mark ('O'). The expirable mark ('E') has been
 >> deleted.

 Kai> I don't understand what you are saying, but Simon says that nnimap
 Kai> _never_ shows articles with the \Deleted flag.  I'm not sure if there
 Kai> is a conflict...

This must have changed. Until the latest version, nnimap is not
showing the \Deleted flag, but the article with the rest of the
flags.  Let me retry:

2. After a while the daemon is expiring (in Gnus sense) the articles
   and they get marked as \Deleted (on the server).  Normally, nnimap
   is expunging-on-close: The imap-server is really delting the
   \Deleted articles of the group which you leave.  However, the
   daemon is not expunging the articles and they are still on the
   server marked as \Deleted.  Now, if you reenter the group, Gnus and
   nnimap are not obeying the \Deleted mark and only showing the \Seen
   mark ('O'). The expirable mark ('E', gnus-deleted) has been
   deleted, as the daemon has deleted but not expunged the article.

Is this more clear?

Jens
 Jens Krinke                                          j.krinke@gmx.de
 +49 851 509 3096        http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/krinke