Re: Incredible Perfomance Increase!

Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Which brings up another point, what's up with the nnimap cvs tree vs
> the pgnus tree.  Have we officially split between release and
> development now?  And is that the dividing line?

There is a difference yes, the nnimap cvs contain some minor bugfixes,
cleanups and minor speed improvements over the copy in pgnus.

Since nnimap is part of gnus now, I expect most people to use that
copy and report problems to the ding-list.

> Just to justify the subject line: M-g on a group still seems to be
> somewhat slow.

Right now it download all flags from the server. This logic should be
re-thought, but until now I've aimed for getting nnimap to work with
minimal changes to gnus -- the backend interface is far from efficient
for IMAP purposes, perhaps it can be improved now that we know more
about what should be improved.