Newbie Question

I am sorry if this question may have been asked a 1000 times.

I am just learning how to use both pgnus and nnimap. When
I subscribe to my INBOX ( Cyrus IMAP server) and I visit
it from the groups buffer, only the 'ticked' article gets
displayed. To see all the articles I enter C-u RET and that
takes a boat load of time. While with the other subscribed
nnimap groups once I select them with just RET I see all
the articles displayed at a much faster rate. How can
I make nnimap display all the articles on INBOX like
with the other nnimap groups (all headers all the time
with just RET from the groups buffer).

Plus I tried using the Server Buffer to display all the
mailboxes but I cant (typing B on the top level mailbox
wont show its sub mailboxes hierarchy), am I missing
a command somewhere?

here is my .gnus file;

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "greta"
         (nnimap-address "localhost")
         (nnimap-stream  network)
        (nnimap-authenticator cram-md5)
        (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)
                (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX"))
  )))

Any insights, help, and recommendations are greatly
welcomed and appreciated.

Thnx
Stefano