Re: cvs access

> The faq at http://www.extundo.com/nnimap/  gives this information:
>
> "It's also available via anonymous CVS from
>
> :pserver:anonymous@robotics.caltech.edu:/home/radford/src/cvs
>
> with password "nnimap". Thanks to Jim Radford for this server."
>
> How is the incantation above used.  I find nothing in man cvs to help
> understand how to use the above address or maybe what is missing from
> the above address.

The right documentation is in Emacs info.

1. there is a 1-time login.  You type in:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@robotics.caltech.edu:/home/radford/src/cvs login

cvs then asks you for a password and you reply with `nnimap'.  You
don't have to do this again on subsequent updates since the
appropriate info is recorded in ~/.cvspass

2. then you can get the nnimap code from the cvs server

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@robotics.caltech.edu:/home/radford/src/cvs login get nnimap

you are right that the info on that page is a bit skimpy.  It doesn't
say that the module to ask for is called nnimap (of course, to call it
by any other name would be really asking for trouble :-)

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier                       Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme    (Programming Systems Lab)