Re: Performance Problems

Can someone give me a clearer explanation of this change?  I too see
the message "updating" when I am getting mail, not "checking".  When I
type "G e" in the group buffer, I see the value "native", not "(nnimap
...)"  Am I doing something wrong?

Also, does this change apply when nnimap is the primary
gnus-select-method?  Kai's mail says something about presuming it is
the secondary select method.

Finally, once I get this change right, do I really have to type 'G e'
for every group, or is there a way to control this in one place?

Here's my select method:

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "dcohen@webmethods.com"
                (nnimap-address "foo.webmethods.com")
                (nnimap-expunge-on-close ask)
                (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "mail/*") )
                ))

I'm using nnimap 0.131, pgnus 0.97

Thanks for any help.

-Dave