Re: Typing in password multiple times

    Tim> My first question is: Emacs asks me for my IMAP password once
    Tim> for every group I have subscribed to using nnimap.  As I'm
    Tim> using nnimap for more and more, I'm getting tired of typing
    Tim> in my password again and again!  Does anyone have suggestions
    Tim> about how to avoid this?

    Simon> Please compare the nnimap select method in
    Simon> `gnus-secondary-select-methods' and the one if press `G e'
    Simon> on your nnimap folders? They should be the same, if they
    Simon> differ, a separate connection will be opened for every
    Simon> group and you'll need to enter the password again and
    Simon> again...

    Simon> Replace all `G e' methods with "nnimap:exchange" and the
    Simon> groups will use the one defined in your .gnus. I know, this
    Simon> should be the default, but I'm haven't spotted all places
    Simon> where Gnus add list method instead of a string method so
    Simon> this has to be done manually some times.

This works, though I must confess I'm not quite sure why or what's
going on.  Somehow each group I had created had its own server -- I
discovered this by looking at the servers buffer.  Having edited each
server to read merely "nnimap:exchange" I now have only one server and
only have to enter my password once.  My thought for the GNUS and/or
nnimap authors is: it seems it was quite easy for me to do something
wrong, so maybe you could make it harder for me to make whatever
mistake it was that I made.

Thanks for the help, Simon.

Tim