Re: Group foo not uidvalid?

Matthias Johnson <penguin@research.att.com> writes:

> So with all this uidvalidity stuff going on, I have something that I
> was wondering about.  After being repeatedly asked to type 'yes' I
> changed the prompt to use y-or-n-p.  Of course this got annoying too
> so I just made the test evaluate to 't'.  How many bullets are in my
> Russian roulette gun?  Am I just looking to kick myself in the groin?
> So far I have not had any problems with this approach ... so far ...
>
> Any thoughts?

If you know what you're doing, you should be fine. :-)

Ie, you could get hurt if you use another client to remove a group,
create a new group with the same name and fill it with articles and
then use Gnus/nnimap to synchronise flags stored while "unplugged" in
the Agent.

OTOH uidvalidity changes indicate that something is going on at your
server, and you shouldn't really be seeing them. Do you get them for
empty groups perhaps?  If so, try a unpatched 0.131 to see if the
problem goes away.