For the 1.0 release

I've been caught out by the IMAP server we use at work, which doesn't
(by default) subscribe me to suitable folders.  Before 1.0, it would
be quite nice to have some simple wrappers around imap-subscribe.

Also, the variable which controls whether LSUB or LIST is used to get
folders doesn't seem to be documented in the distributed Texinfo file,
so that ought to be filled in.

Alternatively (or in addition), it would be nice to get all of these
settings in defcustom, so that people can more easily discover them.