Re: Expire and Delete again

Kim-Minh Kaplan <kmkaplan@vocatex.fr> writes:

> Jens Krinke writes:
>
> > IMHO Gnus idea of expiry is much more similar to the imap concept of
> > delete than Gnus idea of deletion.
>
> [...] IMAP's concept of delete has no real Gnus equivalent. [...]

If you set expiry wait to immediate, isn't that the same as delete in
IMAP?  With this setting, Gnus will delete all articles marked as
expirable the next time expire is run.  And an IMAP server deletes all
\Deleted messages the next time an EXPUNGE is done.

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.