Re: Expire and Delete again

David S. Goldberg <dsg@mitre.org> writes:

> That said, I agree that there is a problem as you describe it.  It
> seems to me that the ideal solution would be for nnimap to recognize
> messages marked with \Delete as it downloads the headers and cause the
> summary generation to mark the article with something other than O.  I
> don't know how hard it would be to do that or if that would require
> defining a new mark.

Yes, this would also be a perfectly valid solution and you don't get
the problem with expunging in other clients. However I'm not up to
adding a new article mark in Gnus, one need to add it to
`gnus-article-mark-list' but what else needs to be done I've no clues
to.

I'll see if I can map IMAP's \Deleted mark to Gnus's "canceled mark"
somehow.