Re: Expire and Delete again

Jens Krinke <jkrinke@watson.ibm.com> writes:

> > Suppose that Gnus would also use the \Deleted flag.  Suppose further
> > that you mark as expirable a message, fully aware of the fact that it
> > will stick around another week.  Then, you use a different IMAP client
> > which issues the EXPUNGE command -- your message is gone!
>
> Yes. This is exactly what I want.

I think this should be the default too, but if most clients send
EXPUNGE (implicit with CLOSE or not) then it wouldn't work.

> If this is not accievable, can the \Deleted messages be marked as
> expirable in Gnus? Or why not make it configurable to use gnus-expire or
> \Deleted?

Yes, it should be configurable. If there isn't any other problem than
that you might lose articles that should stick around some more if you
expunge a mailbox with other clients, I even think this should be the
default in nnimap.