Re: Sudden bug...

Jody Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> Okey doke.  Here is the result from running GE on the buffer:
>
> ;;; Editing the group info for `nnimap+kraken:mail/ZIn.ding'.
> ;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.
>
> ("nnimap+kraken:mail/ZIn.ding" 2
>  ((1 . 5))
>  ((dormant 5 258)
>   (expire 131 139
> 	  (141 . 142)
> 	  168 176 259)
>   (reply 166 . 167)
>   (tick 258))
>  "nnimap:kraken"
>  ((uidvalidity . "936130290")))

That didn't contain '(5 258 nnimap)'. Do you get the same error every
time? Does restarting Emacs help?

Hm. It might be a corrupt NOV line. When you get the error, could you
mail me the content of " *nntpd*" buffer?

> I changed the buffer to read:
>
> ;;; Editing the group info for `nnimap+kraken:mail/ZIn.ding'.
> ;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.
>
> ("nnimap+kraken:mail/ZIn.ding" 2
>  ((1 . 5))
>  (nil)
>  "nnimap:kraken"
>  ((uidvalidity . "936130290")))
>
> Which is what I thought you meant by the "fourth argument", but I now
> get nnimap: Group in mail/ZIn.ding is not uid valid.

Strange. Try editing it to

("nnimap+kraken:mail/ZIn.ding" 2
 ((1 . 5))
 nil
 "nnimap:kraken"
 nil)

but I think the problem is due to corrupt NOV lines -- otherwise your
group parameters should have listed '(5 258 nnimap)' somewhere.