Re: 130 compiling difficulties

John Saylor <john.saylor@cybertrust.gte.com> writes:

> I have pgnus 0.95 installed in /users/jsaylor/emacs/lisp/gnus, and:
> [67]> uname -a
> SunOS dazzler 5.6 Generic_105181-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Are the gnus .el(c)'s in that directory?  If not, try 'make
GNUSDIR=/users/jsaylor/emacs/lisp/gnus/lisp' or something.

Anyway it looks like it wasn't able to load the library 'format-spec'.

Hm. You didn't compile Gnus with Emacs and then tried to compile
nnimap with XEmacs, did you?  Emacs and XEmacs have incompatible
byte-code files, and I think the error you got is the one that turns
up when you use the "wrong" byte-code for your emacs.