Re: nnimap-expunge-on-close ask

Please disregard my previous question.  nnimap does ask me about
expunging.  My confusion was because I thought messages marked as read
were to be expunged as well.  They're not.  When I hit 'B <del>', as
described in an earlier post, then nnimap will ask about expunging.

What's the difference between hitting 'd' when reading mail and
hitting 'B <del>'?  I'd like to simply hit 'd' to get the message
expunged.

Also, when messages are marked as read I never see them again in gnus
(after closing and reopenning my inbox).  Is there any way to get gnus
to show me previously read messages?

Thanks.

_Dave