Re: Slow response - NT-emacs

Jody Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> Downloading off my server seems awfully slow (i.e. I get a lengthy
> "Fetching Headers from server" message.

Do you use `gnus-fetch-old-headers'?  If so, Gnus will fetch headers
for all articles, which will take a while. The NOV cache should speed
up things in the long run though.

> First, I was unable to bit compile the sources.  Could this be my
> problem?

I don't think so, nnimap should work uncompiled and I don't think
there are any major performance impact.

> If so, has anyone managed to get them bit compiled using NT-emacs?
> I get the error:
>
> c:/emacs/bin/emacs.bat -batch -q -no-site-file -no-init-file -eval '(if (not (st
> ring-match "c:/emacs/site-lisp/pgnus-0.95/lisp" "")) (setq load-path (cons "c:/e
> macs/site-lisp/pgnus-0.95/lisp" load-path)))' -l base64 f batch-byte-compile ssl
> .el
> End of file during parsing

I don't know about this one -- anyone using Windows who can help?