Re: can I delete NOV files?

>>>>> "sj" == Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

sj> Gnus, by its nature, does not "unsubscribe" from missing mailboxes,
sj> you need to do that yourself. That has nothing to do with the NOV
sj> file.

sj> Could you describe your error more in detail?

I have a few nnimap groups, `homeroast' etc. that I renamed
`list.homeroast' etc.  I did this by moving files on the server, and
that went fine: the server is not confused.

Then I unsubscribed from `homeroast'.  I double-checked this by
hitting `U' in the Group buffer to toggle subscription to `homeroast'
and `nnimap:homeroast'.  In both cases gnus re-subscribes the groups,
indicating that it correctly sees the groups as unsubscribed.

However, in *imap-log*, I have (note last two lines):

14 EXAMINE "list.homeroast"
* 66 EXISTS
* 62 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 935086879] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 67] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Permanent flags
* OK [UNSEEN 5] first unseen message in /home/tim/Mail/list.homeroast
14 OK [READ-ONLY] EXAMINE completed
15 FETCH 1,* UID
* 1 FETCH (UID 1)
* 66 FETCH (UID 66)
15 OK FETCH completed
16 EXAMINE "homeroast"
16 NO EXAMINE failed: Can't open mailbox homeroast: no such mailbox

So everything works fine, except there are a bunch of extra EXAMINE
commands being sent to the server.  The only evidence of this old
group `homeroast' is in the NOV caches.

pgnus 0.95
nnimap 0.128
XEmacs 20.4

Thanks,
Tim Culver

P.S. Sorry about posting from an unsubscribed address!  Will fix.