Re: can I delete NOV files?

tim@doppke.com writes:

> I have some old NOV files.  For example
>
> Old: News/overview/nnimap/imap/doppke/com/homeroast/novcache
> New: News/overview/nnimap/imap/doppke/com/list/homeroast/novcache
>
> The presence of the old ones seems to be causing gnus to query a bunch
> of no-longer-existing imap folders.

Hm, nov files are only used to speed up header fetching, they are not
used by gnus or nnimap to make any decisions about whether the group
exist or not.

Gnus, by its nature, does not "unsubscribe" from missing mailboxes,
you need to do that yourself. That has nothing to do with the NOV
file.

Could you describe your error more in detail?

> Can I just delete the old files?

Sure.