Re: Respooling doesn't seem to work

Tim Culver <culver@doppke.com> writes:

> I get the following errors (one per message) when I try to respool
> nnimap messages through the nnimap filter.

Sorry, respooling in Gnus uses nnmail (which uses
`nnmail-split-methods' rather than 'nnimap-split-rules', for obvious
reasons) so respooling doesn't work right with nnimap's mail splitter.

To achieve respooling, mark your articles unread and move them to your
`nnimap-split-inbox' mailbox and nnimap will split them into the
correct mailbox when you press `g'.

I've placed this on the known bugs page (I think it used to be on it
but must've disappeared).

> In *imap-log* I have entries like
>
> 469 APPEND "
> 469 BAD Missing required argument to APPEND
>
> which looks as if nnimap is trying to APPEND a message beginning with
> a blank line.

What does the call to `nnimap-request-accept-article' look like in
your *nnimap-debug* buffer?

Nnimap should probably try some sanity checks on the group name before
APPENDing, my guess it's passed with a empty mailbox name string.