Re: Is imap+procmail possible?

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik@mtl.mit.edu> writes:

> Splitting with imap in gnus doesn't seem to be as powerfull as even
> nnmail-split-fancy

Nnimap-split-fancy is easy to implement, I think. I've never used
split-fancy so I haven't bothered. I'll put it on the todolist.

> I'd like to split mail as it comes in rather than when I read it,
> and I don't want to run emacs continuously

Sieve seem to be the buzzword of choice for this, right now. :-)

> Is there any way to make imap play nice with procmail? Maybe I could
> add a header, and nnimap would just file the message into whatever
> group the magic header says to file it in?

This is purely server specific, and not related to imap.

UWash doesn't need to be configured at all, just plonk mail into the
folder and it will pick it up.

Cyrus is a bit trickier. Sieve is probably the future here, which I
know very little about (haven't gotten cyrus 1.6.x/sieve to work
yet). There's a page about blending cyrus with procmail at

http://www.ncworldmag.com/ncw-05-1998/ncw-05-imap.html

Another idea is plussing, I dunno how UWash support it, but with Cyrus
a mail addressed to jas+nnimap@pdc.kth.se end up in my INBOX.nnimap
mailbox if I've given post-capabilities to "anyone" (`G l' from the
group buffer).