Re: nnimap questions

> > > 1) Can we delete mail messages?  How?
> > >
> > Sure. Expire them as normal and set nnimap-expunge-on-close for each
> > server.
> >           (nnimap-expunge-on-close always))
>
> Last time I checked this didn't really distinguish between read
> letters and deleted letters.  I want to delete letters only by
> choice, otherwise leave them on the server.  (Unlike news, where I
> want to not delete articles only if I choose so, and delete them
> after reading by default.)

How I believe things work is there is no way to delete a mail message
unless it has first been read/touched in some way.  Sorry to be
causing confusion.

Read can be configured to mean deleted.  Delete can be configured to
mean expungable.  And expungable can be configured to be slow about it.
And the error of my ways/explanation was that I jumped to the
conclusion of read != deleted, but delete == expunge.