Re: Group Colors in 0.126

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Ed L. Cashin <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> writes:
>
> > It's great that nnimap now supports that feature, but it is a little
> > obscure, or at least advanced, so it seems that it may be overkill to
> > confuse the average user by changing the color of mail groups
> > (i.e. IMAP) to newsgroup colors and then proclaiming that their mail
> > is really now news.
>
> It's really not up to nnimap to decide, Gnus colorizes groups in
> backends which support both mail and news similar to news groups.
>
> FWIW nnvirtual and nndir use the same color.
>
> I think the term Gnus use is a "post" backend (altough it's called a
> "news" in several places) which isn't limited to usenet/nntp but
> simply backends supporting posting, which now include nnimap.

Yes, like I said, I jumped the gun because I thought that nnimap was
adding features that gnus didn't have, and really its just taking
advantage of features that are already there.

And like Kai said, mail and news aren't really so clearly
distinguished in gnus anyway.

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu