Re: undead articles (Re: nnimap 0.126 released)

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Yes. NOV lines are cached indefinitely even when the article has been
> removed from the server.
>
> I kind of like that, but 0.127 will make this behaviour configurable
> and will default to not include NOV lines for non-existant articles.

Cool beans!

> You can disable caching with
>
> (setq nnimap-nov-is-evil t)
>
> now if you want a "correct" summary buffer.

OK.  You know, I have heard NOV mentioned in many contexts, but I
really don't know much about it.

I have gleaned that NOV is some kind of local map of a foreign source
of articles that speeds things up a lot but is a bit tricky to keep in
sync with the foreign article source.  Is that right?

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu