Re: Shared folders: flag handling?

Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

> I'm sure a lot of you have also seen this problem.  (Or are we the
> only people trying to use IMAP as a CSCW tool?)  How have you dealt
> with it?  I'm interested in all kinds of opinions and suggestions.
> Maybe shared folders just aren't made for this kind of thing?

I never bought into the IMAP shared folder concept.  It is good for
things like shared support mailboxes or for a secretary to proxy for
the real person (that is, it is good for well defined relationships).
For internal discussion groups I much prefer setting up local
newsgroups on a news server and use NNTP to access.  You get all the
benefits of shared folders w/out the weird flag handling.

--
Rupa (rupa@rupa.com for normal email)
Please don't email duplicate replies.