Shared folders: flag handling?

  [[ Mailed copy of posted news article ]]

We have started to use shared folders with Emacs/Gnus and a Cyrus
server.  Gnus offers the ability to mark messages as `important',
which is mapped to \Flagged on the Cyrus server.  Apparently, the
Cyrus server keeps \Flagged marks on a per-folder and not on a
per-user basis.  (The latter is true for \Seen marks.)

This might be considered a good feature because I can then mark a
message as important, and my colleagues will also see it as important,
which provides a way of communication between us without the overhead
of composing a followup, say.

OTOH, it also creates a problem: after a message has been marked
important for a while, we forget who marked it such and nobody dares
remove the mark :-/

I'm sure a lot of you have also seen this problem.  (Or are we the
only people trying to use IMAP as a CSCW tool?)  How have you dealt
with it?  I'm interested in all kinds of opinions and suggestions.
Maybe shared folders just aren't made for this kind of thing?

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.