Re: nnimap 0.124 released

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> > > 	* nnimap.el (nnimap-request-post): New function.
> > > 	(nnimap-request-list): Fix message.
> >
> > This didn't quite work right.  The following patch might help:
>
> Yes, thank you.  Posting works for me now, after setting
> `gnus-post-method' to my nntp/nnimap methods.

I discovered C-u 0 C-c C-C so I've set `gnus-post-method' to 'current
instead. Neat.

I added the variable below to configure which groups are considered to
be "bulletin board" or "news-like" to make followups be news
automatically.

Perhaps I should make "^#news.*" the default? I think that's a pretty
standard prefix for Usenet news via IMAP. Do anyone export news to
IMAP? If you post to a news mailbox, is it exported with NNTP to other
news servers?

nnimap-news-groups's value is
nil

Documentation:
IMAP support a news-like mode, also known as bulletin board mode,
where replies is sent via IMAP instead of SMTP.

This variable should contain a regexp matching groups where you want
replies to be stored to the mailbox directly.

Example:

This will match all groups not beginning with "INBOX".

Note that there is nothing technically different between mail-like and
news-like mailboxes. If you wish to have a group with todo items or
similar which you wouldn't want to set up a mailing list for, you can
use this to make replies go directly to the group.