Re: keeping copies of sent mail and archiving read mail?

AJ Megacz <megacz@cmu.edu> writes:

> 1) Is there a way that I can have all the mail I send get cc:ed to a
> specified folder? I used to keep copies of all outgoing mail in
> INBOX.sent.

See the variables gnus-outgoing-message-group and
gnus-message-archive-group.

> 2) Pine used to move all my read messages out of my inbox into inbox.read
>    every time I quit. Is there a way I can get gnus/nnimap to do this?

This is probably not easy.  But Gnus shows you which messages are read
and which ones are new, so it's not that important.

> Also, where do I specify my email address? GNUS is listing my from:
> address as the machine I work on, not the one that I have my mail
> sent to.

See the variable mail-host-address and maybe also user-mail-address.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.