Re: Moving from nnml to nnimap loses marks?

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> I get an error when doing `G E' on that group:
>
> error in process filter: Internal error, tag 1091 status BAD code
> nil text Please select a mailbox first [2 times]

That's fixed in 0.115, thanks.

> 1146 APPEND "user.grossjoh.test" {1962}
> + go ahead
> [...................]
> 1146 OK [APPENDUID 929023644 85] Completed
> 1147 SELECT user.grossjoh.test
> * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen gnus-dormant)
> * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen gnus-dormant \*)]
> * 1 EXISTS
> * 1 RECENT
> * OK [UNSEEN 1]
> * OK [UIDVALIDITY 929023644]
> 1147 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
> 1148 UID STORE 85 FLAGS (\Seen)
> * 1 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent \Seen) UID 85)
> 1148 OK Completed
> 1149 APPEND "user.grossjoh.test" {4096}
> + go ahead
> [...................]
> 1149 OK [APPENDUID 929023644 86] Completed
> 1150 UID STORE 86 FLAGS (\Seen \Flagged)
> * 2 EXISTS
> * 2 RECENT
> 1150 OK Completed
> 1151 APPEND "user.grossjoh.test" {4320}
> + go ahead
> [...................]
> * 3 EXISTS
> * 3 RECENT
> 1151 OK [APPENDUID 929023644 87] Completed
> 1152 UID STORE 87 FLAGS (\Seen \Flagged \Answered)
> * 3 FETCH (FLAGS (\Recent \Answered \Flagged \Seen) UID 87)
> 1152 OK Completed
> 1153 UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED
> * SEARCH 86
> 1153 OK Completed
> 1154 UID SEARCH SEEN
> * SEARCH 85 87
> 1154 OK Completed
> 1155 UID SEARCH FLAGGED
> * SEARCH 87

There is something funny with your server. Command 1150 tried to store
the \Seen and \Flagged flags on the article, the server didn't respond
with a FETCH response to let us know it has changed the flags, and the
SEARCH UNSEEN and SEARCH FLAGGED clearly indicates that the command
didn't have any effect.

Re-reading your old debug logs it was the same problem there, sorry I
missed it then and gave you a wrong impression on what was at fault.

I'm also using Cyrus and I was able to repeat it. I didn't discover it
before since the mailbox I was copying it to was selected before
appending the first article, in the trace above the mailbox only gets
selected after the first article has been appended into the
mailbox. That seem to be crucial if you want to repeat the
problem. I'll forward your IMAP traceback to the Cyrus mailing list.

Thanks for giving such a detailed bug report!

Do you send your patch of to Lars?  Now I'm going to move all of my
old nnml mailboxes to nnimap. :-)

(And nnimap updates the Gnus info with information from the server,
which explains why your tick mark disappeared)