s_client from OpenSSL <= 0.9.2b isn't good, either.

Simon,
 I'm not sure if this is the same problem you had with SSLeay 0.9.x,
 but if not then it might be worth mentioning on the web pages -
 having just got Cyrus (with stunnel) going, I found nnimap would hang
 there waiting for the last few bytes of headers, but only when using
 SSL (I had OpenSSL 0.9.2b installed) - the ChangeLog for OpenSSL
 0.9.2b -> 0.9.3 mentioned :

    Bugfix: s_client occasionally would sleep in select() when
     it should have checked SSL_pending() first.
     [Bodo Moeller]

 so I took the punt and upgraded, and it fixed it :)

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                           fashion god lisp when suck