Re: Shared folders

Watching this thread, I'd like to make a little comment.  We have quite
a few read-only and read/write Cyrus shared folders, or "bulletin boards".
Actually, having some flags per folder has been helpful in a number of
cases.  When the folder is read/write, then "ticking" an article marks
it as "important" or "special" to other IMAP mail clients.  This has
been helpful to many if they deliberately wanted to point out a message
to the other members with read/write access to this folder.  I've seen
this be the case on many of our BBs.

I can see where folks might not like this behavior.  Though, and I guess
it is because we're used to it, I'm inclined to think that the behavior
in Cyrus should not be altered.  I suppose this is to be ultimately
determined by the folks working on the IMAP extensions IETF group.
We'll see.

Amos