Re: Shared folders

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

Simon> It's a server issue. The Cyrus people seem to have separated
Simon> the flags into seen/unseen flags which are kept for each user
Simon> (subject to the "s" ACL) and other flags which are global for
Simon> the mailbox (subject to the "w" ACL). I don't know why they
Simon> have choosen this way, it breaks the least-surprise principle,
Simon> and IMHO it makes sharing mailbox among several users very
Simon> difficult in practice.

Simon> If you're trying to modify mailbox ACLs (`G l' from the *Group*
Simon> buffer) your emacs might hang (I wasn't even able to C-g it),
Simon> I've fixed the bug for the next release.

Netscape Messaging Server 4 supports shared folders now too (and ACLs,
etc.) so it'll be interesting to see what it does with this -
unfortunately I had to disable shared folders on our server due to
performance problems, but hopefully there'll be some others running MS
4 soon...

I'm also changing jobs soon, so I won't get the chance to play with
Netscape's mail server any more (this isn't actually such a bad thing
:))) I'm still tossing up whether to go through the (perceived) hassle
of making Cyrus go on my soon-to-be mail server, or to just give up
and use UW's imapd which is already there...what do people think ?

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                      android queen redemption lunar jolly