Re: Bug found in nnimap 0.110 (+ FIX)

Tran Duc Trung <trung.tranduc@prague.ixos.cz> writes:

> When I firstly try to enter a nnimap group, the following error pops
> up
>
> "Error in process filter: Imap-message-data is nil. Uid 1387
> property UID value 1387"
>
> Looking inside nnimap's sources I see imap-message-data is init'ed
> in imap-mailbox-select. It counts on all actions will go through
> this function. The backtrace tells us that it's not true.

Yes. Altough there is no code in nnimap/imap to select a mailbox other
than `imap-mailbox-select' it must go through that function. Either
there is a bug in it, or that function (or `imap-message-put') is
called within the wrong buffer somehow.

I'll try to put some debug code into imap.el to track this.

> To work around this bug I use
>
> (defadvice imap-fetch (before fix-imap-message-data-is-nil first activate)
>   (unless imap-message-data
>     (setq imap-message-data (make-vector imap-message-prime 0))))

`imap-message-data' should be buffer local in the nnimap server buffer
so you should probably select that buffer first.

> P.S. This bug came up in 0.98, this is the reason I sticked with
> 0.97, but today I installed a new machine...

Ok. 0.98 just added a error message for that so the real bug was there
earlier. I'll see if I can reproduce this somehow...