Re: stable vs. development versions

Amos <amos@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Well, correct me if I'm wrong Simon, but seems to me that nnimap is
> still beta, since it does not yet have a "1.0" release.
> I think such a strategy only makes sense after this current beta
> cycle is completed.

Hm, perhaps I should keep the separate branches stuff until it's
completely rewritten, which shouldn't be that far away. Hm.

> BTW, will nnimap be bundled with gnus, or remain a separate part?

I think it would be nice if it was bundled but that require a FSF
copyright on nnimap, hence the rewrite. There are only some functions
left in nnimap.el to rewrite now.

> That could also relate to your suggestion.  That is, if bundled with
> gnus, that would be the stable version, while the version from the
> nnimap web page would be the development version....

Hm, that would be easier. Maybe I should hold of 1.0 until it's
completely rewritten, then submit it for inclusion in Gnus and then
start working on new features.