Re: expiry =? expunge

Matt Armstrong <matt_armstrong@bigfoot.com> writes:
> BTW, Pine asks you if you want to expunge every time you leave the
> group.  I think Netscape Communicator's default is to expunge by
> default.  I don't think the practice of leaving deleted articles in an
> IMAP mailbox for a long time is common.

I can't remember what the default is, but Netscape at least has a mode
where EXPUNGE will be automatically executed as soon as it would save
n kilobytes of storage ("compress" the folder). This dates from the
use of UNIX mailbox format on locally stored POP3 folders - rewriting
mailboxes should be avoided until doing so shows some real gain.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi