Re: assertion failure

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> (1) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (cl-assertion-failed (imap-parse-nil))

> Subsequent groups do NOT display the problem.  Only the first group entered
> from a fresh, virgin, gnus session.
>
> Any ideas?  Anything else I can tell you or send you?

The error is caused by the imap parser trying to parse the BODY
structure (to find out how many lines there are in the article and
stuff like that) for some article in that buffer.

Please kill your *imap-log* buffer, enter the group and when you get
the error save the *imap-log* buffer and mail it to me.

If you don't get the error now, try entering the group with C-u SPC
(to fetch all old article headers, since it's the articles header that
triggers the bug).