Re: split followups to go with parents?

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> There's a function, to be put in nnmail-split-fancy, which looks for
> the message id of a parent message in that file and splits the message
> into the group mentioned there, if an entry was found.
>
> Can this functionality be added to nnimap in some way?  One
> possibility would be to just use the ~/.nnmail-cache file as with
> other mail backends.

What's the function named?  I'll have a look, it shouldn't be that
hard to adapt it to nnimap, I think.

We don't have a "fancy" nnimap splitter now (as I don't use fancy
splitting), but we can probably hook it into the normal splitter.

> Another possibility would be to somehow store this information on
> the IMAP server, but I'm not sure how one would do that.

We can store it in a mail on the server, in a group "fnord-gnus-4711"
or something. Some imap clients already work this way. I think a
better way would be to use LDAP, but I don't really know LDAP.

Let's settle with storing it in a file for now imho.