Re: version 0.94 stumbling blocks

On 18 Mar 1999, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> "Ed L. Cashin" <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> writes:
>
> > When compiling nnimap, I saw some warnings or errors:
[...]
> This is harmless.

OK, good.

[...]
> > Regarding the failure of gnus without cl, I saw this error on starting
> > gnus with M-x gnus:
> >     Error in ~/.gnus: (void-function mapc)
> >
> > But that is strange, since I didn't have that problem with
> > nnimap 0.93.  Then again, I never byte compiled that version, but
> > I wouldn't think that should make a difference.
>
> Strange. You're sure you don't use `mapc' in your ~/.gnus?

No, I just have the bare minimum in my .gnus file--all pretty much
straight from the docs, and in those four lines or so there's no mapc.

The error occured when I had a line requiring nnimap, but not if I
took out that line.

> > And I don't remember seeing cl as a requirement when I read the
> > nnimap docs.
>
> Nnimap require cl but it should load it itself.

Hmm.  I guess that's what wasn't happenning.

--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu