version 0.94 stumbling blocks

Hello.  I just got version 0.94 and compiled it.  Here are some things
that I had trouble with:

*)	warnings on compilation
*)	failure without cl

When compiling nnimap, I saw some warnings or errors:

    While compiling the end of the data in file
    /wdc/home/ecashin/elisp/nnimap-0.94/base64.el:
      ** the function char-int is not known to be defined.

    While compiling the end of the data in file
    /wdc/home/ecashin/elisp/nnimap-0.94/nnimap.el:
      ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
    	gnus-parse-netrc, gnus-netrc-get, gnus-netrc-machine,
    	days-to-time

Those sound like a problem with my emacs installation:
	GNU Emacs 20.3.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
...but I'm not sure where.

Regarding the failure of gnus without cl, I saw this error on starting
gnus with M-x gnus:
    Error in ~/.gnus: (void-function mapc)

...so I looked at www.gnus.org to see some .gnus files for hints,
and Lars' file had at the top, (require 'cl), which sounded like it
might have mapc, so I put it in my .gnus, and now it works.

But that is strange, since I didn't have that problem with
nnimap 0.93.  Then again, I never byte compiled that version, but
I wouldn't think that should make a difference.  And I don't remember
seeing cl as a requirement when I read the nnimap docs.

--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu