Re: imap patches for nnir

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> If I have an account on somemachine.com, and my mail spool is
> /var/mail/sb, and my home directory is /home/sb, and I set the "IMAP
> server directory" to "imap", then "INBOX" in Netscape mail will be
> somemachine.com:/var/mail/sb,
>
> All other IMAP mail folders I have on somemachine.com will reside
> under somemachine.com:/home/sb/imap.

Ok, I see. Nnimap support this. You'd probably want to set the server
variable `nnimap-list-pattern' to '("INBOX" "imap/*") or something.

nnimap-list-pattern's value is
"*"

Documentation:
*PATTERN or list of PATTERNS use to limit available groups.

A pattern is either GROUP or (REFERENCE . GROUP).

GROUP is a string.  See the available wildcard characters below.

The meaning of REFERENCE is server-specific, so it's
expected that you (the user) can figure out the appropriate setting.
On the Cyrus server, this is irrelevant.  On the UWash server, this
gets joined together with GROUP.  If it is not specified the
default is an empty string.

Example:
 '("INBOX" "Mail/*" "alt.sex.*" ("~friend/Mail/" . "list/*"))

Also note that currently groups that start with a '.' cause Gnus to
choke, so instead of using something like "*" which might match
".mailboxlist" you could use "~/*" which would match
"~/.mailboxlist" and not cause problems.

The two wildcards are * and %.  * means match anything, much like in
shell globbing in Unix.  * does match hierarchy delimiters (. or /, in
the usual case.)  % is the same as *, but does not match the hierarchy
delimiter.